Today is my birthday! Hooray! So I wanted to share this super fun birthday outfit that I wore out on my fun weekend out.
I also wanted to share some “34” things about myself.
11 Fun Facts
- I am left handed dominate. Meaning that I’m more dominate on my left side then right side.
- I was born in Peru and moved to Oklahoma when I was 5 years old.
- I’ve lived on my own for less then a year! I lived at home while attending college and then moved to Dallas to start Chiropractic school in May 2009. Then soon married my husband in April 2010, so about 11 months of being “Miss Independent”.
- I never started eating vegetables until I was in my early 20’s. Now I can’t get enough of them (especially broccoli) and my daughter is the same way!
- I’m a licensed Chiropractor in the state of Texas but I currently stay at home with my soon to be 4 year old daughter.
- I had a cat, Molly, who lived for almost 21 years! She was my best friends and she was always there for me. (#catlover)
- My husband and I attended the same college, University of Oklahoma, at the same time but we never met until after we both graduated. (Well, it is a huge school)
- I love the beach but I don’t like to swim in the ocean. Haha! I think I was traumatized when I was younger when I saw “Jaws”.
- I’ve never changed a diaper or even took care of a child until Izzy was born (#traumatizingexperience).
- Owning 300 pairs of shoes (yes, I’ve counted them all!)
- Meeting Adam Sandler when I was 18 years old. I was in Hawaii and he (and his crew) where there filming “50 First Dates”. I was so awakward and grabbed his bicep to say hi and then ran away! (#embarrassing)
11 Things I love
- I love pink! Any shade is perfect for me! It just makes me happy to wear it or see if! If I could, I’d love to decorate my home in pink shades, but I don’t think my hubby would appreciate that.
- I love to bake and cook! It makes me so happy to see family and friends enjoying all the food that I prepared!
- I love to organize. Especially my closet! Whenever I’m feeling anxious or need to keep my mind busy, I’ll start to declutter and organize an area of my house.
- If I could have one meal it would be hamburger and french fries!
- Cats! They are so cozy and soft and very independent. They are the perfect pet for introverts! Haha!
- I love shoes!! As stated above, I have a lot of them! And for a person with big feet (size 9.5 to be exact) they do take up a lot of room. The louder the color and print, the better!
- I love to run! I haven’t in such a long time since life is a bit crazy right now. But once we finish our new home project, I’ll be able to get back on that “running horse”
- Eating Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! I don’t know what it is about them, but they are my special treat at the end of the day.
- My family! Yes, I know that it’s a given to say but I really do! They make me happy to be around and bring my fun bubbly side out. Especially my hubby and my daughter Izzy.
- Music! I need to be hearing music all the time!! Especially dance beats! (My hubby calls it ‘techno’). But I’m not a country music fan, sorry I can’t stand it.
- To sleep! I used to take naps everyday before Izzy was born. I feel like I needed them to just recharge from the day.
11 Things I want to do
- I want to be able to fly on a plane without feeling like I’m going to die! I used to fly all the time and without any problems. It wasn’t until I was pregnant with Izzy that the fear increased exponentially.
- Learn how to speak Portuguese. I was working on it at the beginning of this year but then stopped. I’ll have to start trying again!
- I want to eventually start a business organizing women’s closets and helping them put outfits together with classic staples they already have with new trendy pieces.
- I want to run a half marathon one day. But first, I have to start running again.
- Learn to sing in front of people. I feel like I have a ‘good’ singing voice but I’d love to have a great voice and sing in front of people. (I love to sing)
- Travel to Europe and South America again.
- Manage my finances better! That’s not my strong suit but still a work in progress.
- My ultimate dream would be to have my own shoe line!
- I would love to go see La Traviata Opera live!
- I want to get another cat once Izzy was older.
- Finally move into my “new home” in Houston!
1 Thing I’m looking forward to most next year
I look forward in growing more and more next year. I know that sounds cliche but I have grown and learned so much this year (all growing pains) that I know has helped me become a better wife, mom, daughter and person. My faith in God and understanding of what He has in store for my life and letting Him guide me rather then depending on myself to control my life. I also look forward to making new friends, moving into my ‘new home’ and stating a new season in life.
This golden yellow skirt is gorgeous! I love a good pleated skirt, so this one had to join my closet! It is from Target, which they are amazing fun pieces for the holidays right now, and it was very affordable. This skirt is so fun and flirty and perfect for any holiday (or birthday) occasion!
I love to mix different colors and patterns to make fun and bold outfits. This one was not exception. It was my birthday outfit so of course it had to be bold! (For someone that is an introvert, this is the one day of the year that I want to be extrovert and all attention on me!) So pink was the color that I had to wear, because that IS my signature color. Also, leopard print is my favorite pattern so of course I had to include that in the outfit as well.
I added a moto jacket as an extra layer because it was cold and also to give my very feminine outfit a more chic and edgier look! This looks works great with al the textures, prints, and colors!
Back to the skirt! I’m wearing a XS and I actually rolled up the elastic waist band once for a ‘shorter’ look. I’m 5’4″ but I felt like it was a bit long for my petite frame. It worked and make the skirt flow better with the length.
The only new item purchased this year was the skirt. Everything else I had in my closet. I love to keep classic staple pieces that I can always reach to when I have a fun new trendy item. It makes my closet more efficient and streamlined. (I’ve linked similar items below)
Shop my Look:
Thank you so very much for stopping by and reading my post! Especially on my birthday! I hope you enjoyed reading about myself and getting inspired to create your own fun and fabulous birthday outfit!
Have a LOVELY day!