Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great day! I wanted to follow up on the post, How to stay fit as a Mama and give you some tips on how to stay motivated to do workouts at home. It can be tough to stay motivated as a SAHM with that long laundry list of things to-do! But, that list can wait, well at least for about 30 minutes! Remember, it’s so important to take time for yourself and to let yourself recharge, I know I definitely need it! So I would like to share with you five different ways to keep you motivated.
- Cute Workout Clothing: I love anything colorful and pink! “Active wear” has grown in popularity over the last couple of years and pretty much any store will carry it. It has also become so affordable that you can purchase a full outfit for no more than $30 dollars! I’ve gotten pieces from Wal-Mart, Target, Old Navy, and the luxury story Lululemon (only because I got them on super sale!). Find something that is comfortable for you to move in and really just makes you want to get moving!
- Fun Music: Now, I don’t know about you but anytime I hear a song with a good beat, I’m automatically moving!! I typically veer towards the Dance/high intensity music that you usually hear in any gym class. I usually like to play music while I’m streaming my workout video so it gives me the “illusion” that I’m in a class. So whatever type of music that makes your body move or just really gets you in a good mood, use it! Make a play list of 10-12 songs and name it “exercise toonies” and start moving!
- Accountability Buddy: Yes, I know, this may be hard if you are working out at home. This was tough for me but I used my husband to keep me accountable. I would tell him to remind me to at least do one workout so I can be healthy for Izzy. He would ask me everyday if did my workouts, well because I asked him to do so. So, find a friend that is in the same situation as you and meet up and do your workouts together! Or at least text each other to remind yourselves to keep going! And if you don’t have anyone, I would love to help you and your more then welcome to contact me!
- Take Before and After Pictures: This was my favorite and not so favorite part of my weight-loss process. It’s amazing to see how much you can change from one month and to the next! I started my before picture on April 2015 and continued them until July 2016. By July 2016, I was finally to my pre-baby weight but not to my pre-baby body (so having a baby did change the way I look but I’m totally okay with that!). Taking these pictures and looking back at them makes you feel so proud of all the hard work you’ve done!
- Treat your self!: This one is my favorite! I love gifts, so what better way then to treat yourself after completing a set goal. It can be anything from indulging yourself to new shoes after working out for a month or getting a new wardrobe after loosing “x” amount of weight. Post it on a piece of paper and place it where you will see it everyday! Whatever the goal is, make it fun!
I hope this was helpful and it really gets you motivated to start moving and working out! Do you have other tips that you use to get yourself motivated? What are some of your favorites! I’d love to hear them!
Talk to you soon!