Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!! Halfway to the weekend!! So, I wanted to talk with you about my favorite store that even Izzy enjoys going to…Target! I mean, I’ve always loved target, but since becoming a mom, I’ve developed a deeper love for that store! I would even consider myself a ‘target mom’! It’s my go-to store for anything and everything! And like I said, Izzy enjoys going too….most of the time. So I’ve come up with a little list describing the traits of a target mom:
So here’s how you know you are a target mom:
- You go to target to look at pretty things…because their “living room” section is more organized then yours
- You go to escape your house chores!
- You go at least once….no you go twice…ok scratch that…you go three times a week!
- You go in for the diaper gift card deal and then immediately use the gift card to buy yourself new shoes.
- You actually dress up…like wear your cleaner, and more stylish, yoga pants instead of the ones that you’ve been wearing for the last three days in a row
- When your toddler sees you in a those nice yoga pants, she actually gets excited….because she knows you’re going to target without you even saying a word!
- You go for the essentials but then end up buying things you never even thought you needed (i.e.: candles, clothe steamer, and more throw pillows)
- You go in with a set budget and then your Target card says “what budget?”
- The moment you walk in, your toddler automatically says “toonies” and you get the iPad ready (here comes peppa pig!)
- You know it’s going to be a good trip when the free wifi signal is STRONG!
- You know which Targets have a good bakery so you can give your toddler the “complimentary cookie” to allow for an extra 20 minutes before meltdown.
- You use the toy section as a play room for your toddler…
- An hour at Target is still not enough time for you to get through the entire store.
- You walk in and walk around a bit and POOF….all these items suddenly appear in your basket without you even nothing! (Sorry honey, it’s like they magically jumped in!)
- No nap today…no problem…we’ll go to Target!!
- It’s the only place where you can get milk, a cute outfit (that people actually give you compliments on), and a bottle wine all in one happy place!
- You find yourself trying to collect all the cardigan sweaters…in every color!!!
- You immediately head to the Starbucks for a quick mama energy drink (i.e.: coffee!!!)
- You check your cartwheel app in the morning… see a deal for goldfish…and then rearrange your schedule so you can immediately head out to Target
- There is no such thing as a “quick Target run” with you…it’s more like a “Target marathon”.
- BONUS: You always make time for a search through the CLEARANCE ITEMS…I mean who doesn’t want to get super cute stuff for cheap!!
And there you have it! I hope this little list just perks you up and possibly makes you want to go to Target! 🙂 And maybe, if you’re lucky, you can go on vacation (a.k.a. Target without kids!!)
Talk to you soon!