Hello everyone!! We are getting closer to the weekend!! HOORAY!!
So, another side of me that I want to share with you guys is that I LOVE to bake! I mean, this is my happy place…my place of solitude…it just brings me joy! And whenever I want to bake something…I go all out!
Today I wanted to share a nice simple Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It’s one of my go-to recipes whenever I just feel like a nice chocolatey treat! This is easy and anyone can make them. Yes, even you! (I’m talking to the mamas that never bake or are just too scared to try…if you burn them…it’s ok, they will still taste good!)
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter; at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs; at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F (make sure this is the first thing you do, so you don’t have to wait for the oven after your cookie dough is done).
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients together; flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a whisk, combine the ingredients and set aside for later.
- In an electric mixer bowl w/ the paddle attachment (or a regular bowl w/ a handheld mixer), place the two sticks of butter and whip the butter on medium to medium-high speed until it’s light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next, add the different sugars and continue whipping the mixture on medium to medium-high speed until light and fluffy (another 2-3 minutes).
- On low speed, add the two large eggs and the vanilla extract. Slowly increase the speed to medium. (another 1-2 minutes).
- Slowly add the dry mixture you prepared earlier to the mixing bowl and continue mixing until it is all combined (2-3 minutes).
- Add chocolate chips to the mixture and mix until the chocolate chips look evenly mixed.
- For added fun, you can add any type of nuts or different types of chocolate chips like caramel chocolate chips!
- On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, place tablespoon sized balls of the cookie dough about 2 inches apart.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake until the cookies are a nice golden color but still soft in the center; about 8-10 minutes (If it doesn’t look like they are ready, bake for an extra 1-2 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack and allow for the cookies to continue “baking” on the sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- Once cooled, grab a nice cold cup of milk and enjoy your cookie! YUM!!
So Betty Crocker, you did it! You baked some yummy cookies and possibly didn’t burn them!! See! I told you! It’s easy and your family will love them! And as a bonus, baking will make your house smell so good! That is one of my favorite things about baking! It’s like being at grandma’s house! It’s always so inviting to step into a house with freshly baked cookies!
And these are kid approved! Izzy gives her seal of approval and even said “mmm! yummy!” in the most cutest toddler voice!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you and your family enjoy the cookies! Leave me a comment to let me know how they turned out! Also, if you have any questions about what baking tools I used or which ones I love the best, just comment below and I will be more than happy to share with you!
Talk to you later!